Seven Mountains Initiative
The Seven Mountains Initiatives was founded in 2018 with a vision of supporting those who climb their own mountains each and every day to survive their illness, disability and other life challenges.
The initiative was founded by Mr. Louay Shomaly, School Principal of the International School of Choueifat – Amman to achieve 2 main goals:
1. Climb a mountain each year for 7 years.
2. Raise funds to support the treatment of cancer patients and raise awareness about the mission of the King Hussein Cancer Foundation (KHCF) and the King Hussein Cancer Center (KHCC), 70% of which will go towards supporting the King Hussein Cancer Center (KHCC) and 30% to other non-profit organizations.
The 2018 initiative will be undertaken by a team of 23 dedicated high school students from the International School of Choueifat – Amman, and other schools and universities, who will climb the highest peak in the Arab world, the Toubkal Summit in Morocco, to raise 125,000 USD.
Seven Mountains 2018 Expedition Team Members
1. HRH Prince Hussein Bin Talal
2. HRH Princess Rajaa Bint Talal
3. HRH Prince Muhammad Bin Talal
4. Adib Hamameh
5. Ahmad Huneiti
6. Amro Al-Sammarraie
7. Amr Saudi
8. Andrew Naoum
9. Awn Hindawi
10. Fahed Gammoh
11. Fouad Helmy
12. Jude Bader
13. Karam Bader
14. Lina Tabbalat
15. Lucy Hamameh
16. Maya Al Shareef
17. Omar Safi
18. Rakan Al-Majali
19. Saleh Hattar
20. Sara Al-Shamaileh
21. Sara Fakhoury
22. Sahreef Halaweh
23. Yasmina Rawashdeh
Funds generated from this expedition will be directed towards providing financial support for two patients, 11 year old Fatima and 21 year old Mena, who are currently receiving treatment at KHCC.
Team members will cover all costs and expenses related to the trip, while all donations are directed towards underprivileged cancer patient treatment.
For further information on Seven Mountains 2018 and to donate please click here.
For more details on how to donate, please click here.