About The Graduation Medical Education Office
It is the administrative body responsible for the organization and supervision of the medical education and training of medical students, residents and fellows.
Main Duties of the Graduate Medical Education Office:
- Organizing the unified entrance examination for new residents, which is held in May of each year.
- Receiving physicians and new students and organizing the necessary administrative procedures for their stay at the King Hussein Cancer Center (KHCC).
- Issuing all fellowship and residency certificates for physicians at the end of the training period.
- Organizing the weekly scientific activity (Grand Round) at KHCC, as well as organizing the monthly scientific activities for the different departments of the center (Services Symposium).
- Issuing Continuing Medical Education (CMEs) certificates and points for all physicians working at the Center.
- Providing assistance in respect of accrediting residency and fellowship programs at KHCC by the Jordanian Medical Council.
- Organizing scientific cooperation agreements to train physicians and medical students at hospitals and universities in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
- Training and educating resident physicians and fellows from neighboring Arab countries under the Center's fellowship and residency programs.