The Cancer Control Office (CCO) at KHCC was established in 2010 to undertake evidence-based interventions to lower cancer incidence, morbidity and mortality in Jordan.
The Office aims to become the regional pioneer in cancer control by:
- Reducing the cancer burden in Jordan through tobacco control and promoting the advantages of a healthy lifestyle.
- Systematically implementing interventions related to prevention, early detection, diagnosis and treatment, and palliative care to fulfill its mission.
- Collaborating and partnering with stakeholders working in the field of public health.
- Professional Training and Capacity Building Unit
- Public Awareness and Health Communication Unit
- Advocacy Unit
- Research and Evaluation Unit