The Center for Grants and Contract Management was established due to the increase demand to obtain, support, and manage both intramural and extramural grants.
Grant Specialists assist researchers in obtaining appropriate funding for their research projects by assisting in the submission of grant applications. The grant specialists work to ensure that the researchers adhere to and are compliant with the policies, procedures, regulations, and laws of the funding agencies (KHCC or other national or international bodies).
CGM Pre-award functions include:
- Finding and disseminating funding opportunities.
- Assisting in the preparation of grant applications and budgets.
- Submitting research proposals to funding agencies.
- Negotiating, preparing, and managing research agreements such as memorandum of understanding, collaborative agreements, partnership agreements, consultation agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and material transfer agreements.
CGM Post-award functions include:
- Administrative support and follow-up on grants progress.
- Requesting cost and no-cost extensions.
- Following-up with and submitting research grant progress reports.
- Closing-out projects in close coordination with the Department of Finance.