HRH Princess Ghida Talal Honors Winners of "With Pens We Fight Smoking" Media Competition and “Smoke-Free Zone Certificate”
Amman, November 2017: HRH Princess Ghida Talal, Chairperson of the King Hussein Cancer Foundation and Center, honored the winners of the 5th “With Pens We Fight Smoking” media competition and the organizations that were awarded the "Smoke-Free Zone Certificate."
In her speech, HRH Princess Ghida said: "I would like to offer all respect, appreciation and love to every institution and company, every university and school, and every media professional who has believed and still believe that the time has come to agree that smoking is a fierce enemy that is responsible for the most serious diseases threatening the lives of millions of people. We will continue to fight until the last cigarette is put out."
The media competition, sponsored by Jordan Petroleum Refinery Company for the fifth year in a row, aims to encourage media professionals to raise awareness of the dangers of smoking. Similarly, the Smoke-Free Zone Certificate encourages companies and establishments to provide healthy, smoke-free environments.
It is worth mentioning that the winners of this year's media competition are:
• Tala Ayoub - Award for Best News Report in the field of print media
• Majd Ismail - Award for Best News Story in the field of print media
• Mona Abu Hammour - Award for Best Investigative Report in the field of print media
• Haidar Al Majali - Award for Best Article/Column in the field of print media
• Hanan Fokaha - Award for Best News Report in a local magazine
• Asma Raja - Award for Best News Report on Radio
• Rana Azzam - Award for Best Interactive Program on Radio
• Najud Al Majali - Award for Best Interactive Program on Radio
• Arwa Al Zoubi - Award for Best Interactive Program on TV
• Majdi Al Smadi and Fares Al Mubaydeen - Award for Best News Report on TV
• Latif Al Futiani - Award for Best Cartoon Drawing Image