The Endoscopy Unit is an integral part of KHCC. The endoscopy unit provides comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy services to over 4,500 patients annually.
The service is provided in a self-contained, dedicated day endoscopy unit, which boasts state-of-the-art facilities and equipment. The Endoscopy Unit has 4 fully-equipped procedure rooms, one of which also has fluoroscopy in addition to 12 recovery beds and an automatic disinfection room.
KHCC’s Endoscopy unit is proud to have advanced intervention to perform the following:
- Upper GI Endoscopy
- Luminal stenting and dilation
- Endoscopic mucosal resection
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) with fine needle aspiration (FNA) and TRU-CUT biopsy (KHCC is one of three hospitals in Jordan that performs this procedure)
- Flexible Cystoscopy
- Diagnostic Flexible Bronchoscopy for Broncho-Alveolar Lavage and Trans bronchial Biopsies under Fluoroscopy
- Therapeutic Bronchoscopy (Including, tumor debulking, Argon Plasma Coagulation, Electrocautery, Cryotherapy and balloon dilatation)
- Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS) bronchoscopy and FNA
- Virtual Navigational Bronchoscopy
To maximize patient's comfort and shorten the recovery and discharge time, sedation is administered by KHCC’s Anesthesia Service.
Colorectal cancer screening saves lives! If you are over the age of 50, ask your physician for a colonoscopy referral.
The Gastroenterology Team:
Dr. Ahmad Hushki, Full-Time Consultant
Dr. Reem AL-Halalsheh, Full-Time Consultant
Dr. Ahmad Qarqash, Part-Time Consultant
Dr. Imad Ghazzawi, Part-Time Consultant
Dr. Maha Barbar Aliwat, Full-Time Pediatric Consultant
Dr. Feras Hawari, Full-Time Consultant
Dr. Mu’taz Labib, Full-Time Consultant
Dr. Naser Mahmoud, Full-Time Consultant