As part of our strong belief in the right of individuals to breathe clean air and as part of our commitment to fight smoking and raise awareness about the importance of cancer prevention, the King Hussein Cancer Foundation and Center launched the "Smoke-Free Zone" Certificate in 2014.
Click Here to view 2014 Smoke- Free Zone Certificate Recipients
Click Here to view 2015 Smoke- Free Zone Certificate Recipients:
Click Here to view 2016 Smoke- Free Zone Certificate Recipients:
This initiative aims to encourage companies, institutions and restaurants to provide a healthy and smoke-free environment for their employees and customers and is a practice of communal commitment.
Applications for the “Smoke - Free Zone” Certificate 2017 are now open to interested entities that meet the eligibility criteria.
Sectors that can apply:
- Hospitals, Health Centers, Laboratories and medical institutions
- Schools, Universities and Educational Institutions
- Restaurants and cafes
- Fitness and Sports Facilities
- Institutions that have prohibited smoking in all indoor facilities (Entire building premises, with the exception of schools where all indoor areas, playgrounds and parking should be smoke-free areas.)
- Institutions that have implemented prohibiting smoking for a minimum period of 9 months, from the 31st May 2018 onwards and institutions that have been smoke-free zones since their inception.
How to Apply
Fill and submit the application form which can be found here
Deadline for submitting applications is December 12 2017.
Organizations that receive the “Smoke Free Zone” certificate will be recognized in an event.
For more information about how to effectively implement a smoke-free environment in your institution, download our Smoke-Free Zone Toolkit . Please note that the toolkit is in Arabic.
If you have any questions or would like more information about the application process, please contact us through:
Telephone: 0778668017 between 12:00 AM and 03:00 PM from Sunday - Thursday