As a patient at KHCC, you and/or your representative are expected to:
1. Provide complete and accurate information about your health, including present condition, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications, natural products and vitamins, and any other matter that pertains to your health.
2. Provide complete and accurate information including your full name, address, home telephone number, date of birth, insurance carrier, and employer when necessary.
3. Ask questions when you do not understand what your doctor or other members of your healthcare team tell you about your diagnosis or treatment.
4. Inform your doctor if you anticipate problems in following prescribed treatment arrangements. Also inform your doctor if you are considering alternative therapies.
5. Ask your doctor or nurse what to expect regarding pain and pain management, and work with them to develop a pain management plan. You should tell your doctor or nurse about any worries you have about taking pain medication.
6. Keep appointments, be on time for your appointments, and call as soon as possible if you cannot keep your appointments.
7. Leave valuables at home and bring only those items necessary during your hospital stay.
8. Abide by all hospital rules and regulations.
- Comply with the NO SMOKING policy.
- Comply with the visitors policies to ensure the rights and comfort of all patients. Please be considerate of noise levels, issues of privacy, and safety. Weapons are prohibited on the premises.
- Treat hospital staff, other patients, and visitors with courtesy and respect.
9. Provide complete and accurate information for insurance claims and work with the hospital billing office to make payment arrangements.
10. Know your health insurance coverage and related policies concerning required pre-approvals, co-pays, covered services, admissions, and the hospitals/doctors covered by your insurance provider.
- Pay your hospital and physician bills in a timely manner.
- Ask questions of your insurance company or hospital billing department if there is a financial issue that you do not understand