Comprehensive Cancer Control (CCC) is the implementation of evidence based interventions to reduce the burden of cancer through reducing incidence and the related morbidity and mortality, and through enhancing the quality of life of patients.
The cancer control addresses the whole population and all types of cancer.
The cancer control spans are:
- Early detection
- Treatment and rehabilitation
- Palliative care
- Encourage people to live a healthy lifestyle (by avoiding tobacco and secondhand smoke, eating healthy food, doing physical activity and avoiding obesity).
- Promote cancer screening tests.
- Increase access to good cancer care.
- Improve the quality of life for people who survive cancer.