The King Hussein Cancer Center welcomes your guests. In order to provide a quiet and safe environment for you and them, we request that guests observe the following rules:
1. Visiting hours:
- Palliative Care Ward: Visiting is allowed 24 hours a day
Medical and Surgical Ward on 3rd and 4th floors:
- Saturday-Thursday 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Fridays 1:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. except ICU which is 4:00 p.m. -7:00 p.m.
- VIP floor: Visiting is allowed 24 hours a day
- Only parents of pediatric patients are permitted to enter the Pediatric Ward
2. A patient can only receive two guests in the room at any one time.
3. Guests after 9:00 p.m.
If there is a guest at the patient’s room after 9:00 p.m., that guest is considered an escort, and he/she is requested to respect the patient’s need for rest and safety by remaining quiet. The escort is charged a sum of JD 20 for each night, unless the patient’s situation requires the escort’s presence in accordance with a report from the doctor in charge.
4. To protect the health and safet of our patients:
- It is absolutely forbidden to bring food or beverages into the patient’s room except with the permission of the medical staff.
- It is forbidden to bring flowers into the room.
- We do not encourage family and friends who have contagious illnesses to visit until they are fully recovered.
- Children are not allowed to visit patients.
It is of utmost importance that we bear in mind the health and wellness of our patients and thus, we request strict adherence to the above rules. Repeat violators will be requested to leave and may even lose their privileges to enter the premises.
If you have questions about what is appropriate to bring into the hospital, feel free to discuss all items with the clinic nurse who will be glad to provide you with the information along with the hospital rules and regulations.
If you are in need of medical assistance outside of regular clinic hours, the KHCC Emergency Department is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to provide you with the required medical attention. Please note that only KHCC patients are accepted at the KHCC Emergency Department.
Out of concern for the patient’s health and comfort, smoking is strictly forbidden in all areas of the Center. We appreciate your help in maintaining a smoke-free environment and allowing us to provide our patients with a healthy and clean atmosphere.