The Department of Palliative Care provides a variety of clinical services, in multiple educational and training opportunities, delivered by an interdisciplinary care team. It is the only comprehensive palliative care program in Jordan and the first in the Kingdom to establish an inpatient, hospital-based and specialized palliative care unit. It is also the first institution in Jordan to provide medical residents with a one-month clinical rotation in hospice and palliative care.
As an advocate and provider of excellent patient care, KHCC introduced quality compassionate care for patients who are in untreatable terminal stages of their disease. Once cancer has metastasized to organs and takes hold of major vital systems in the body, palliative care is the only remaining option. Palliative care offers symptomatic relief, emotional support and pain management.
KHCC Palliative Care services include:
1. Inpatient consultation service
2. Hospital-based Hospice & Palliative Care Unit
3. Outpatient Palliative Care Clinic
4. Hospice & Palliative Home Care service
Training and Education
The Palliative Care Department currently offers two academic programs:
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine Fellowship Program
- Internal Medicine Resident Rotation
The Palliative Care Department is structured around three main sub-divisions:
- Adult Palliative Care Service
- Palliative Care Education
- Palliative Home Care Service